And I DON'T mean the evil herb kind. :)
I've been trying to incorporate fresh and dried herbs into my daily life. Loving it. My favorite is the oft-ignored fresh Italian parsley. My friend once asked me "What do you use it in?" and I was kind of at a loss- I said "everything".
Well, that would be everyting Turkish, I guess. I buy a bunch every 2 weeks, cut off the stems, put the leaves through a chopper and tuck it away in a Tupperware in my fridge. Then, I'll use it for my Turkish breakfast, sprinkling some on the feta (with EVOOO, and tomatoes). I'll also put it into the tomato chicken soup I make weekly. You can put it on a Shepherd's Salad (tomatoes, onions, leman juice, EVOO, salt and fresh parsley..ummm).
I also like to use dried oregano on my feta for breakfast. It is said that oregano is one of the secrets to a long life. My great-aunts use it daily.
I know prepping fresh herbs is time-consuming, but they are so full of vitamins and chock full of health.
Hoping that you'll incorprate them into your daily lives, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment